Thursday, February 25, 2016

katy johnson, senior

For my gallery visit I attended the Young Masters show in November at Pomona. I was extremely impressed with this show as I always am because it amazes me the talent that some students have and how deep their pieces can be. The piece I loved the most was the first place winner Bryce Morrisette.

My two events that I attended outside my designated art area was the theater. For in Pomona I attended Through The Looking Glass in the fall and it was absolutely amazing. The different take on the commonly known, Alice In Wonderland, was absolutely amazing and the acrobatics incorporated in it were outstanding. My second was attending a play that my boyfriend mother was in called Rumors. The play was absolutely amazing and was about a man who attempted to self harm while he had all these guest downstairs for his 10th wedding anniversary. progressively throughout the night all the guest beginning to find out but the story keeps changing and then the cops arrive so they have to come up with a whole story on to explain what was going on. This play really amazed me that random people in Colorado are so dedicated after high school to continue their acting and how passionate they are with each of their characters. 

My volunteer work for this year included helping set up at the Pomona Showcase for incoming freshmen because I really want other kids to get the amazing experience from PAH like I have.

Finally, I submitted two pieces to the Young Masters show this fall and both got in which I was very happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment